Atlanta Triathlon Club working to diversify the races

Friday, December 3, 2010

By Dionne Lewis and Janita Poe

Cynthia Gunner has come a long way since her first day in a cycling class with the Atlanta Triathlon Club.

"After ten minutes, I ran out of the room crying," Gunner recalled. "I felt sick to my stomach and I was so embarrassed."

An African-American woman in her thirties, Gunner began to re-evaluate her inactive lifestyle after a routine physical.

"I was very overweight and my doctor diagnosed me with high blood pressure," Gunner explained.

Gunner began to take medication to regulate her hypertension, and that's when her doctor told her about the Atlanta Triathlon Club and the organization's scholarship program.


Full article 

Photo credit: Dionne Lewis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP