St. Pius Sophomore Named USA Triathlon All-American

Wednesday, February 2, 2011


From the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch

USA Triathalon has named St. Pius sophomore Devon Dabney one of five Female Youth Elite All-Americans, the school said Friday – about five months after the triathlete captured a bronze medal in the Youth Elite National Championships in San Diego.

Dabney credited her father, Bill Dabney, for introducing her to triathlons. Her father has competed in 22 Ironman triathlons.

“Whether I win or lose, I always know I’ve put my best foot forward, and I have a tremendous sense of accomplishment when I finish a race,” Dabney said in a statement.

Dabney said she has been competing in sprint triathlons since she finished second in her first event at age 10. She took first at the Iron Kids Nationals, and followed that by being the top-rated 11-year-old. These triathlons are shorter than Olympic level events as they consist of an 800-meter swim, 16-mile bike rides and a five kilometer race, the last leg of the event.

Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP